KSU Foundation effectively and efficiently stewards donor funds through the long-term investment pool to support K-State today and for the future. Responsibility for oversight of the foundation assets is placed with the KSU Foundation Board of Directors and the board’s Asset Management Committee.
A standout among top performers
- $174.2 million raised in FY18
- $92.2 million made available to campus in FY18
- 11¢ KSU Foundation spends for each $1 raised.* The national average is 20¢
- 22 of top 172 top performing development officers nationally work for the KSU Foundation.*
*Per national study of U.S. colleges and universities
- Founded in 1944, $2.50 first gift
- 125 full-time employees and 30 part-time student employees
- 5,500 personal visits with K-Staters all over the country
- $2+ billion raised since 1944 raised in FY18
- $539 million Market value of the long-term investment pool
- Leading industry innovations like K-State Office Park
By giving to K-State through the nonprofit KSU Foundation, philanthropic contributions are tax-deductible, are directed as the donor intends for today and in the future, and cannot be reallocated by the state and Board of Regents to be used elsewhere.
Research partnership creates opportunities for Kansas State University
Rural grocery initiative allows small communities in rural Kansas to have access to grocery stores.
More than a good idea, a path to friendship.
Land-grant institutions increase educational opportunities for all.